How can I afford my Axies?
Half of the time when a new *soon-to-be* Axie player arrives in discord, one of the first questions asked is “How can I afford to buy a decent team?” Now, Axies aren’t incredibly expensive (current prices per Axie are around $5 or $6, with a full team equating to about $15-$20) but some people don’t have the same access to Crypto or aren’t financially able to spend money on battling “internet monsters”.
For comparisons sake however, Axie:
- Is nowhere near the cost of a AAA game ($60-$70)
- Allows players to Earn while they Play (with many players earning back the cost of their first team within the first week!)
That being said, the Axie Community is nothing if not inclusive, so I wanted to brainstorm a few ways that aspiring Lunacians could quickly and easily earn their very own team.
Now, first things first… This is not a scam.
Coinbase, the well respected and longstanding US based Crypto exchange is actually paying people in Crypto to learn more about Crypto. This is an onboarding exercise for them, and we are going to turn it into an onboarding exercise for Axie Infinity.
When you first log in, scroll down to the section titled Crypto Rewards.
If Your New to Coinbase:
- Go to https://www.coinbase.com and sign up.
- Ensure your profile is set up properly and you fit the following eligibility criteria:
To take advantage of this program, users must meet the following guidelines:
- Reside in a Coinbase supported country, excluding residents of new York or Hawaii State.
- Pass the ID Verification process and meet other eligibility criteria.
- Meet our internal fraud and compliance-related criteria, including measures related to account uniqueness. (Don’t try to do this with multiple accounts…)
If your already registered:
You can complete the available classes (currently EOS, Orchid, Stellar Lumens, and Compound – totaling around $150 USD) using the below links. Each video takes 2-3 minutes and pays out $2-$3 dollars a piece. Pay attention though! Tests do pop up occasionally!
- EOS Classes – 50
- Stellar Lumens (XLM) Classes – $40
- Orchid (OXT) Classes – $46
- Compound (CMPD) Classes – $9
- Tezos (XTZ) Classes – $6
- Zcash (ZEC) Classes
- DAI Classes
Why aren’t I getting paid?
As stated in the FAQ and Terms for Coinbase Earn, it may take some time to receive your payout based on popularity of the program.
Customers in all other supported countries may indicate their interest and join the waitlist. Due to popular demand in those markets, please note it may take some time to be able to start earning — even if you are an eligible customer.https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/getting-started/general-crypto-education/coinbase-earn-faq-and-terms.html#Criteria
Either way, its worth taking the classes now, and you’ll get your payout when its available!
Once you’ve received your reward, its time to convert the reward currency to Ethereum, the blockchain backbone of the Axie Infinity world.
- Click the currency you were rewarded.
- Go to the Overview Tab
- On the Righthand side, there is a converter.
- Select ETH as the currency you are converting to and enter the amount of the reward currency you would like to convert.
- Click “Preview Convert”.
- Click “Convert Now”.
Once you have your ETH, you can now transfer it to your Axie Infinity wallet, but that’s an article for another day.