While playing the Alpha, many players notice icons that are applied to Axies following certain attacks. The first encounter is typically with an attack in the PVE, leaving an unsightly symbol on above their Axies head.
This symbol, , is called a status modifier – in this case, the icon represents a modifier called “stun”, a “debuff” that negatively affects your Axie. The opposite of this, is called a “buff” – which is a modifier that positively affects an Axie.
There are currently 16 status modifiers in the game, split between 3 buffs and 13 debuffs. As more moves are introduced to the game, and parts are given the ability to level up, it is likely that additional modifiers will be added.
It’s important to note, that status modifier effects can stack in some instances. In these cases, you will see the number of stacks next to the icon to represent this.
We will start with Buffs (as there are only a few). Again, these status modifiers positively affect the Axie that they are applied to. These are typically placed by an Axie on itself or its teammates.
- Speed Up – Increases Axies Speed by 20%. For a designated time. Can stack.
- Morale Up – Increases Axies Morale by 20% . For a designated time. Can stack.
- Attack Up – Increases Axies Attack by 20% . Stays until next attack. Can stack.
Debuffs make up the larger portion of status modifiers, and are typically placed on the opposing teams Axies by the attacker.
- Stun – Axie skips its next attack or defense. Stays until Axie tries to attack.
- Aroma – Axie will draw all incoming attacks. For a designated time.
- Chill – Axie cannot enter last stand. For a designated time.
- Fear – Axie cannot attack. For a designated time.
- Fragile – Shield takes 200% damage. For a designated time.
- Jinx – Axie cannot score critical hits. For a designated time.
- Lethal – Next hit on this Axie is always a critical strike. Stays until attacked.
- Poison – Axie loses 3hp each turn taken (by either team). Can stack. Stays until its removed.
- Sleep – Axie cannot defend next time it is hit. Stays until Axie tries to attack.
- Stench – Axie is ignored when there are 2 or more targets. For a designated time.
- Speed Down – Decreases Axies speed by 20%. For a designated time. Can Stack.
- Morale Down – Decreases Axies morale by 20%. For a designated time. Can Stack.
- Attack Down – Decreases Axies attack by 20%. Stays until next attack. Can Stack.
Counters to Debuffs
Some cards, like Refresh, exist solely to cure your Axie of these debuffs.